Background

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Quilt

Making a quilt has never been so hard, but sometimes it is through adversity that I have the strongest most durable piece.....
Missing from my family quilt photo are three new grandchildren all of whom have been born since the death of my son Jeffrey David. As I write about the births and subsequent adoptions of my children, I will not write about the death of my son on this blog page. Although our journey with Jeffrey is and was significant, it is still too fresh and painful to relive that particular event. Memories of his death are chronicled on my other blogspot linked on this page. I don't write there often, as it is too painful at this time to put into words.
Once upon a time there was a little girl who sat amidst her dolls busily planning and sewing doll clothes. In the background could be heard much yelling and fighting. As the little girl continued to create, tears filled her eyes and she began to daydream about a life, a family life, free from the chaos in which she currently lived. And in that daydream, she fantasized about a family whose Mommy and Daddy loved each other, never fought or drank, made sure that their children always felt loved and safe, and would forever live happily everafter. Then one day that little girl grew up and so did her need to fulfill those long ago dreams....

No comments:

Post a Comment